These cookies are perfect. The recipe makes 30, which should feed about 2 people. Trust us, you won’t be able to stop.
Give these to all the vegan-cynics in your life, to convert them to your vegan ways. #revolution #veganlyf
They are also super easy and quick to bake, making them a winner on the effort:satisfaction scale.
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 340g dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup vegan butter (we used a sunflower oil spread)
- 3/4 cup light brown soft sugar
- 1/4 cup white caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (Americans call this baking soda)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (350 degrees for our American friends).
- Using an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add soy milk and vanilla (it might separate at first, but persevere!)
- Add the dry ingredients (flours, bicarb) and mix together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Feel awesome.
- Make into little balls of success (about 1tbsp) and plop onto the baking tray, with some wiggle room in between. Makes about 36 smallish cookies.
- Victory will be achieved after 8-10 mins.
We did a little dance of joy when trying these cookies. We hope you do the same.*
*Please dance responsibly. No responsibility can be taken for accidents incurred while dancing for joy at the sublime gooey-ness of these cookies.
This recipe was modified from Atiliay